Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Forestay Grease

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

Oliver welcome's nice to have you onboard. Thank you for including your email address and your post.

Regards
Capt Richard Piller cell16037675330

On Jun 28, 2014, at 3:14, "Beaute Olivier atlanticyachtsurvey@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear Bill,

after spending 19 years at the AMEL "after sales dept" in La Rochelle, I'm now marine surveyor for leisure crafts, working mainly for clients who need a pre-purchase survey and for insurers (damage claims surveys and repair costs).

I'm located in La Rochelle and may travel around Europe.

Have a good day

Olivier

On Saturday, June 28, 2014 7:08 AM, "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Olivier,

I saw your posting in the Amel Group. I am very glad that you are part of this group. There are few people in the world that know as much about our boats as you do.

I heard that you just completed a survey for an Amel purchase in France for a friend. Can you tell me what you are doing and where you are located? Also, could you add your contact information?

Best,

Bill
BeBe #387
Currently Montenegro

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 7:34 PM, Paul LaFrance pflafrance@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Olivier
What procedures are required to grease the inside of the foil?
Paul LaFrance
SV NOMAD #362

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:49:31 -0700
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Forestay Grease

Hi Jamie,

the AMEL foils are made of one piece and there aren't any nylon bearings Inside (compared to most other manufacturer's foils). The grease put originally Inside the foil is supposed to ease the friction of the foil onto the forestay. It is advisable to replace the grease after 5 years or even earlier if you sail a intensively.

Olivier.