Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] RE: ParaSailor

Gregory Shea

Bill,
       Did you fix the outboard problem? The fuel tank vent would have been my first choice, as someone pointed out. Was that it? Considering all of the other stuff you've done, I'd suspect the fuel pump. I'm not conversant with the Mercury pump specifically but they are normally a diaphragm type driven by the crankshaft pressure cycles. If the diaphragm stretches or develops a leak, you will get your symptoms. Pressurizing the whole fuel system with the primer bulb will get you going but if the pump doesn't do it's job, the motor will die after a few minutes. Try getting it going and see if it stays running if you continuously squeeze the primer bulb.
       I don't think the reed valves are a suspect. They are usually very long lived unless you damage them during a tear down.

Greg Shea
Sharki 133
Gruissan