Maramu chainplates

Mike Gough <mahili_au@...>

G'day,

Owner Maramu #147. Recently broke a rear mizzen chain plate. Factory design and built I think, formed part of a rear handrail. Heard a loud bang and the rig trembled. This was during a squall and fortunately nothing was lost. I have moved chain plates to the moulded toe rail so the result should be stronger than original. I warn other owners of Maramus of a similar vintage (1984) to be suspicious of the original design where rear balustrades form the anchor points for back stays.

Regards,
Mike Gough

Yahoo! Personals