Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] To all Amel 54's - Lower Shrouds Main Mast

Halidun Karagoz

Dear Faial,
Mine is 12 mm from the top of the mast, 10 mm from the upper shroud and 12 mm from the lower shroud (for the main mast).
Cheers
Haldun
Amanin A54 #164
Datca, Turkey

On 5 Tem 2014, at 10:56, "Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear Faial,

I think mine are 10mm for lower shrouds but I will measure when I’m next on board.

I attach [ actually I could not attach as it was too big a message] herewith a copy of the Amel 54 Owners manual on Page 2-3 you can see that 10mm is correct - I think.

best wishes

Peter Forbes
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
Gouvia Marina - CORFU, Greece

On 4 Jul 2014, at 19:40, faial_l <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hello fellow Amel 54's!

For information purposes, what is the diameter of the lower shroud on your Amel 54?

On my one it is 10mm, and it gave way while in Easter Island. It has been replaced with the same but will be upgraded to 12mm when replacing the mast. This upgrade was originally recommended by a reputable rigger.

Discovered from official paperwork that it was meant to be 12mm!

Regards,
Faial

Cataya, Amel 54, 2007, N.46