Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow thruster Linear Actuator

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Hi please disregard the previous email I hit the send button before I read the email.
Ok regarding your bow thruster did the motor that drives it up-and-down burnout or perhaps one of the limit switches that control the motion or the switch at the joy stick.

Fair Winds Smooth Sailing To All
Capt Richard
RP Yacht Brokerage
Newport RI
We list sell and service fine yachts including Amel's
Cell 603 767 5330

On Jul 6, 2014, at 8:15, "Dr Andrew Lamb andrew.lamb@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Has anybody had there bow thruster linear actuator burn out – this happened to us this morning with the bow thruster stuck in the down position – I removed it and managed to get the bow thruster up with the aid of a handy billy. Is this something that can be stripped and repaired or is it the case of replacing the whole unit – I think the sensor that the detects that it is full extended must have failed.

Thanks

Andrew

Ronpische

SM2k 472