Andrew

Ronpische

SM2k 472

Canet en Roussillion, France

Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:10 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Navigation Lights

Richard

Thanks for that. I don't have any side or stern lights?

Regards

Malcolm

On Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:52 PM, "Richard Piller richard03801@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi the steaming light is a single lamp 2/3's of the way up the face of the mast. There are no individual side lights. Your standard nav light are designed to show 0-210 deg there is a single stern light.  Normally there are two sets of nav lights one on top of the mast one on the forward and aft rails. 

Regards

Capt Richard Piller

On Jul 10, 2014, at 10:32, "Malcolm Armitage marmitage73@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi

I recently purchased a Super Maramu and was planning a sail from Mainland Spain over to Morocco. As part of the pre-sail check I switched on the sailing light - no problem. I then switched on what I thought were the 'steaming' lights, expecting to see masthead, side lights and the stern light. I was surprised to learn that there are no side lights or stern light!

I am sure the collision regs require a power driven vessel of 16m to have side lights and a stern light........ can anyone help me out here please?

PS - we made it to Morocco and back but went in daylight!

Regards

Malcolm

Chou Chou SM 117

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.