Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: New Recmndd Autohelm

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Richard,

It is a Santorin from the subject line of his earlier post about pink spots on the deck.

From the subject line of this email, I assume that he has a Raymarine Autohelm.

From the body of this email, I assume he was talking about the electromagnetic clutch inside a Raymarine drive unit.

These clutches will wear out with around 3,000 to 5,000 hours. They will fail sooner than later if you put 24VDC to them.

Raymarine does not make a drive with a 24VDC clutch. All Raymarine drives, even the 24VDC drives have a 12VDC clutch. I have seen experts make this mistake, and I made this mistake. There is either a switch or a movable spade-fuse on the Raymarine Course Computer to select 12 or 24VDC for the clutch. If you have any Raymarine drive, always select 12VDC for the clutch.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 1:33 PM, santorinlo18@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Santorin, Original Autopilot - ST6000?