[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Water Maker Info

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, eric <kimberlite@o...> wrote:
Eric:
I was thinking of just paralleling the spare sensor with the two wires that go to the current
sensor and interposing a double pole double throw switch so that I could place the
"testing"" sensor into a small container of sea water, throw the switch and see if it shuts
the system down. I am wondering if the two minute timer works on both ends of the cycle
so that a momentary bump or hysteresis in the EC (electrical conductivity) would not trip
the system off line. I would plan on testing this theory next time I am aboard towards the
end of Jan 2006.

Sea Cow Bay is indeed shallow. We wait for high tide, try to enter with empty water tanks
and place the crew in the dinghy before running that final channel area. They have not
dredged the channel but they dragged something back and forth thru it and I believe it is
somewhat deeper as we didn't run aground the last two times in there. Once, two years
ago we ran so firmly aground that we had to kedge off. Once in the Eastern portion of the
marina there is plenty of water. Jim is surely a nice person and knowledgable about
Amels, so it is comforting to leave the boat with him. And the price is half of what it is in
Nanny Cay.

Regards, Gary

Gary,
How do you plan to add a second water sensor? Will you hook this into some
kind of alarm? I was in sea cow bay last year and found the entrance too
shallow for me. Have they dredged the channel?
Please say hi to Jim woods for me.
Thanks
Eric