Re: Santorin Balooner

Aras Grinius <n33077@...>

AS I recall reading, there is a "mouse" attachment that should be when flying a ballooner. The way I understand it is that the mouse releases the halyard when you need to furl the sail.  Never havin seen one, much less flown one, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept.

On my Sharki, I finally got the outrigger poles lines squared away (or nearly so), got a new jib made; now I'm turning my attention to a ballooner. I think I have one, but haven't pulled it out yet as I didn't have enough stuff to fly it.  From reading all the blogs the mouse seems quite important.

So a couple of things would be nice:

1) a photo of the mouse contraption
2) details on hoe to rig it and use a ballooner.

I downloaded a SM manual for reference, but do not recall seeing the sail setup.

Thanks

Aras
S/V FIASCO
19888 Sharki