[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Water Maker Info

Mark Pitt

Hi all:

There are in-line TDS meters that attach to the water line
with John Guest quick connectors. The sensor connects to a small
LCD display. They run on batteries, one model on button cell
batteries and the other on 2 AAA. Battery life is 1000 hours.
The meters cost less than $50. I found them at
http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/water-tests.asp
and at
http://www.airwaterice.com/category/tdsmeters/
and a few other places on the web. They seem to be
all of the same manufacture. I am not sure how they
might fare in the marine environment, but for $50
and no installation hassles, they might be worth a try.

Mark Pitt ASM #419 Sabbatical III

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, eric <kimberlite@o...> wrote:

Gary,
My thought was to add a sensor and monitor the water output on a
continuous
basis from the water maker panel. What do you think? I have to take
a closer
look at the wiring/plumbing diagram of the watermaker to figure out
what to
do.

I just heard from my friend who has an amel a year older than mine and
pickles his watermaker fro the southern hurricane season and when
away from
the boat. He has had no problems with his unit and it is now 4 years
old.
They are big time live aboards.

I think the thing they dragged across sea cow bay last time to
dredge it was
Kimberlite. We dragged and got stuck so many times I gave up.
Keep me posted Fair Winds,
Eric
Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite