[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Water Maker Info

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi Mark:

Do you know what type of connectors are used on the watermater product water line of the
vintage our our SM's. I am referring to the gray plastic product water line coming out of the
end of the stainless steel end caps and going to the control panel. Do you know if these
connectors could be spliced into those lines?

Regards, Gary Silver s/v Liahona Amel SM2000 Hull # 335

Mark stated:

There are in-line TDS meters that attach to the water line
with John Guest quick connectors. The sensor connects to a small
LCD display. They run on batteries, one model on button cell
batteries and the other on 2 AAA. Battery life is 1000 hours.
The meters cost less than $50. I found them at
http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/water-tests.asp
and at
http://www.airwaterice.com