Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Windows in the cockpit

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

After being able to pusch one of those windows out during attempt to pusch us out from a pier in heavy wind, I think that our adhesive has seen better days.
Also after a terrible sail between Teneriff and Gran Canaria in nov 2013, having waves braking all over the boat, I started to think on safety and dryness in a quite different way.

And yes, of course the companion way is always closed in rough weather.

/Ann-Sofie
SY Lady Annila, SM 232, 1998

Skickat från min iPad

26 aug 2014 kl. 01:36 skrev "yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

The primary thing holding the side windows is adhesive, not the screws. I believe the adhesive is plenty strong enough to hold the 10mm plexiglass against any breaking wave. Bill BeBe 387