Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Windows in the cockpit

Mark Erdos

Eric,

Curious: Does the bridle run inside or outside the backstays?

Mark
SM2k #275

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:20 PM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Aldo,

I just used the stern cleats and then backed them upon the primary winches. The force on the bridles is gentle and there is no jerking of the bridle just a stretching of the bridle. The bridles are quite heavy from memory possibly 30 mm or bigger. Due to the thickness of the bridle I had eyes spliced into them and put these on the cleats and then run heavy line from the eyes to the winches.

The lines in the drogue get progressively smaller as they get further from the boat.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite SM 376