Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Eric Freedman: Bow Sprit and Series Drogue.

eric freedman

Terry,

I use the original factory spinnaker halyard to fly my gennaker .

If you saw the beautiful job the fabricator did in St Martin you would want the same. I am thrilled with my bowsprit. If you send me your email I will send a few photos.

With respect to the Drogue, I had loops spliced into the ends of the bridle as the line is too big to tie down to the aft cleats.

I use leather chafe gear with Velcro inside and wrap it around the bridle at the chocks and where it passes by the backstays. I then use cable ties to secure them in place. We checked the leathers every hour during the hurricane.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite SM 376

San Diego soon to depart on http://cornellsailing.com/sail-the-odyssey/blue-planet-odyssey/