Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Espar Heater

Andrew & Kate Lamb

I would be interested in this also – Andrew

Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:02 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Espar Heater

Yeah, I am not on board for another week but can send you a photo. It provides the shortest route to the Espar and is sealed off by a close fitting grp lid . Ian

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:12:24 -0400

Hi Ian and Judy,

Thanks for the info. I noticed from the photos that I took when I was on Penazen that your heater seems to take the air from the side of the cockpit seat . Is that correct?

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:41 AM

Hi Eric,  we have the D5LC 24volt. It's 14 years old and Espar may  now have a different one. Wonderful bit of kit. We ran it every day in Chile and still use it in the Med.
We also used two domestic fan heaters, 220v , 2kw each. Run both those and the Espar and your boat will be dry and warm in an instant.
Oh, and don't forget the aircon heaters, though they aren't hugely effective when it's really cold , but good for ventilating the boat.
Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Corfu

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 23:52:06 -0400
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Espar Heater

I would like to know what model number of an  espar heater that has been  factory installed by Amel on super maramus. I already have the fresh air system with ductwork installed. I just wonder what model some of you have on your Super Maramu and is it sufficient to heat the boat in very cold climates?

Fair winds,

Eric

Sm 376 Kimberlite

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.