From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of amelliahona
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2005 3:26 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Water Maker Discussion with Rod Borham

Steve:

Thank you for Rod's correct email address. He called me within an
hour of my email to him. We had a long discussion on a host of
topics related to the Dessalator water maker, FilmTec membranes,
water maker care and feeding, design philosophy etc. I am preparing
a summary of that discussion that I will post here. He is also going
to prepare a post for this site along with the specifications for the
o-rings used on the membrane end caps and detailed concentration
specifications for the Sodium Metabisulfite pickling solution.

My bottom line is that I will be installing a continuous EC
(Electrical Conductivity) monitor with alarm capability in my
system. I am considering the Omega CDCN201 Mini Panel Mount
Conductivity and TDS Controller with Alarm Modes. You can see it at
omega.com/ppt/pptsc.asp?ref=CDCN201&nav= or just google up
CDCN201. It is available in 12 volt DC or 220 volt AC 50-60 Hertz.

Steve, your understanding as summarized from Rod is basically what I
heard also. More to follow,

Gary Silver AmelSM2000 Hull # 335 s/v Liahona

Yahoo! Groups Links