Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Diesel Heater Installation

Andrew & Kate Lamb

I wondered if anybody had thought about or had experience with the hydronic diesel heaters, which rather than blowing air will distribute hot water to radiators (or coils / fans), I was reading that some of the systems can be hooked into the generator and engine cooling systems and just top up with heat if these are off. Might be quite a neat and efficient solution also there is no need for an air intake (other than for the exhaust) - if the generator is going on several times a day anyway the heat from it could be put to good use also.

Andrew

Ronpische

SM2k 472

Canet en Roussillion, France