Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Leaving the boat for winter in Southern Spain

Thank you all for your replies.
Good point about leaving the fridge open - last time we didn't and came back to mould.

Regrds

Malcolm
SM 117

On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 12:01 PM, "Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Hi Malcolm
We left our boat in Ayamonte, on the boarder to Portugal dec- april 2010. We didn't do anything particularly more than emptying the fridge and freezer. Left cloths, beddings and so on. No problem with mold or damp when we returned.

regards
Annsofie
SY Lady Annila, SM232

Present in Trinidad

Skickat från min iPad

16 sep 2014 kl. 05:59 skrev "Malcolm Armitage marmitage73@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi

We are in our first year of owning a boat and will be leaving her in Southern Spain for the winter. We intend to leave quite a few clothes and bedding on board and just wonder what we need to do to prevent dampness / mildew etc. I did purchase a cheap silica gel type de-humidifier that you place where the clothes are kept but I'm not sure how effective this will be.

Regards

Malcolm
SM 117