Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Watermaker supplies

yahoogroups@...

Pat , Let me try a reply again. Two of us that i know of have had parts damaged by the pickling solution. Myself and Gary Silver. I discussed this with Dessalator and they said rinsing with fresh unchlorinated water is best, unless this is impossible and you are going to leave it closed for more than 4 to 6 months. Regarding the LP pressure gauge, for years, I had the exact symptoms after changing pre-filters. I found that any air left in the filter housings will cause this issue. If the LP indicator shows pressure after the HP pump starts, I think it could be air in the closed system. I have been measuring the temperature of the LP and HP pumps as well as the HP pump motor...all after 1 hour of making water are: HP MOTOR 103C HP PUMP 72C LP PUMP MOTOR 53C I do not know if these are within tolerances, but it is what I have measured every time for the past 50 hours. I have the spreadsheet if you want it. Hope this helps Bill BeBe 387