Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] water making fridge!!

Roger Banks <roger.banks@...>

Hi Patrick

My fridge needed new seals. Very cheap and easy. Also the compressor
was flashing a red lamp which indicated that voltage was below 10.8V,
which caused the fridge to cut out intermittently, causing lots of
dripping and rot in the sub-floor. A meter indicated that there was
plenty of voltage available so I put it down to voltage drop and
renewed the cabling (which needs to include the whole circuit from
and right back to the batteries. Also quite easy, but cutting out and
replacing rotten wood! Multi-cause problems are always a bit harder
to figure.

Regards, Roger, Mango 28, Zorba