Strange engine problem

Rainer Huthmacher

Hi everyone,
After using my engine for about 2.5 h I found engine coolant coming out of the overflow house. When I opend the cap of the heat exchanger more coolant was coming out. The engine never came over 90 degrees. Now comes the strange thing: next morning I opend the cap again and more coolant was coming out. The engine was completely cool and the evening before there was no more pressure on the heat exchanger.
So I suspected the boiler had an internal leak and put freshwater into the heat exchanger. So we bypassed the boiler and everything was good.
Just to make shure we hooked up the boiler the next day again to see if the coolant level was rising again. Nothing happened. What else could be the problem?
The engine is a Perkins MT80 (similar to the Volvo TAMD22)
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....
Fair winds
Rainer Huthmacher
SM#69 Yin Yang
Currently Almerimar, Spain