From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:37 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Diesel Class

Hi everyone,
Ric's suggestion that I call Jeff Leitch at BayShore Marine in Annapolis
looks like it might pan out.

Jeff would like for all of us who are interested to contact him directly and
let him know just what you'd like to get out of a diesel class. BayShore
Marine is a Yanmar dealer and would be using Yanmar engines for the class.
Those with Volvos would be learning the theory etc, but would have to
translate it to their engines.
Please contact him at jwleitch "at" verizon "dot" net and give him an idea
of what you'd like to learn. Please copy to me at karkauai "at" yahoo "dot"
com.

He doesn't think he'll have time this Fall. How would everyone feel about
doing it next Summer in conjunction with the Amel Rendezvous?

He doesn't think that tearing an engine down completely would be worth the
added time and expense. I told him I would like to have a better idea of
how all the different parts work, and how to diagnose and troubleshoot the
most common problems, what parts we should have in our spares, what special
tools would be worth having, and some hands on experience with servicing the
things we could repair or replace ourselves.

I don't have most of your contact information, and don't see a way to get it
from this website.

Those who have expressed an interest so far:
Ross..............rossny at ymail dot com
Derick Gates........
Veit Mueller..........
Mike Ondra............
Mark Erdos..........
Jim DeSalvo...........
Kent Robertson........

Please send me your contact info. Anyone else who is interested, please let
me know.
Kent
SM243
Kristy