Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insulating our Amel for cool/cold weather sailing

Graham Boyd

I keep my SM on the West coast of Scotland. This is the first boat
that we have had that has not had an eberspacher heater fitted. We
just run the generator and the fan heaters whenever we want some heat
and to dry out the cabin. This works much better than expected mainly
due to the fact that the onan is very quiet and am quite glad that I
did not go to the expense of fitting a blown air system. If you do
down that route get Amel to send you the installation photos. What is
of greater importance is getting the rear screen to the spray hood
fitted to make a cosy wheel house! This has become known as
the "conservatory" on board and gets considerable use. Have a great
trip the SM is a great boat for the western Scottish waters,

Graham Boyd
SM140 "Sula"

--- In amelyachtowners@..., eric <kimberlite@o...> wrote:

Richard,
I am planning on installing an espar heater. I have been in
communication
with the factory and have some pictures, and information about the
install..
Where are you located?
Fair Winds,
Eric