Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM "C" drive oil and seals and wear bearing

thomas.kleman <no_reply@...>

For what it's worth, Grand Cru (SM #442) and L'ORIENT (SM #422) both hauled out this May in Ft. Lauderdale. My friend has owned Grand Cru for 2 years...........we've owned L'ORIENT for 4 years.  Both boats had normal, dark looking 90 weight oil in reservoirs. When we changed the oil and seals on Grand Cru, it was milky.........the water hadn't circulated to the top of the reservoir to change the color. On L'ORIENT, all the oil looked perfect............we had changed bushing, seals, oil two years ago. The point is that on Grand Cru we didn't really know how long it had been since the last service..........probably best to do it every haul out no matter what the oil looks like.