Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Propshaft wearing ring

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

I received the following confirmation from La Rochelle regarding the photo of the wear bushing with stainless:

"(The photo you sent) is the only bushing we have today, it goes on all boats except Amel 64.

Regards,

Emilie BALLION in temporary replacement of Maud TOUILLET
AMEL Yard  / sav@... / 05.46.55.17.31"

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
sent from my tablet

On Oct 7, 2014 8:58 AM, "Bill & Judy Rouse" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

Bob's photo of the new wear bushing with stainless steel was just shown to Amel Mediterranean in France by a friend of mine. They say that they are not aware of this change.

I assume that Amel has very quietly rolled this change out.

I am sending a copy of the photo to La Rochelle today for some explaination. More, when I hear more from my friend in France, or Amel.

Just thought you would want to know.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
sent from my tablet

On Sep 28, 2014 9:18 PM, "sangaris@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bob,

Forgot to ask how much Amel charged, if you don't mind.
Craig
SN#68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

In March, 2014 I ordered and received FROM AMEL a bronze wearing out
bearing that had a sort of Speedi-Seal stainless/inox facing on the
surface that the seals go over. I have posted detailed pics at Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1tompsdjss3rr0r/AACGUoVzzawY5RnlyKpnjwRga

When I get a chance I will try to post the pics on the Yahoo site.

I am thinking that Amel quietly changed their design for the better.
Has anyone else received one like this?

Bob,
SV KAIMI #429 currently in Cartagena, Spain