Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Propshaft wearing ring

karkauai

I've had similar experiences lately.  You will note that Emilie is answering most inquiries now, rather than Maud.  Big learning curve for her...Big difference.
Kent
SM243
KRISTY

On Oct 7, 2014, at 2:18 PM, Andrew Lamb andrew.lamb@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill

This account I am afraid rather chimes with my recent experience with SAV and a linear actuator replacement – I was left with a distinct feeling of lack of confidence and felt it prudent to source the materials elsewhere.

Andrew

Ronpische

SM2k 472

Canet en Roussillion, France

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 4:45 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Propshaft wearing ring

Derick,

I asked that exact question among others to SAV today.

To my surprise the answer that I received the second time I asked was exactly opposite of the response I got the first time just a day ago. I am certainly not criticizing anyone, because anyone can make a mistake, anytime.

Here is what I think (key word,  think):

The bronze/stainless wear bushing that Bob Rossi received in March 2014 is either an abberation, a prototype, or something that is old. My last email to SAV informed me that the one Rossi received was the "old bushing." Here is the quote:

"" Sorry, my mistake, It is the otherwise. I hadn’t understood your question’s meaning.

On picture you sent, bushing is in steel chrome, it is the old bushing.

Today, it is a new supplier, we have the same one but in bronze. That’s the only difference.

For Amel 64, it is a bronze bushing too but in bigger size.

I hope my explanation are clearer.

Don’t hesitate questioning.

Regards
Emilie BALLION""

So, I am not 100% sure what is going on.

I will wait for some other people smarter than me to give assurances as to why Bob Rossi received a wear bushing from Amel made of bronze and stainless.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
sent from my tablet

Bill,

Question: Do you (or anyone else) know whether the old wear-out bearings and their seals can be "mix and matched" with the new wear-out bearing and seals, or are they incompatable in size? 

Derick

SM2K #400 Brava

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.