Re: Interfacing B&G GPS & Autopilot

petervweston...

One other issue on my SM (#248)is that the
fluxgate compass is an Autohelm. In order to interface the
GPS, B&G instruments and the fluxgate with my
navigation software (laptop running "The Capn") I installed
a Noland Multiplexer. I bought mine at Bluewater
in, I think, Fort Laudadale. The multiplexer can take
up to 4 NMEA signals and convert them to a RS232
signal which one puts into the serial port of the
laptop. If anyone would like to know how to read the NMEA
sentences to confirm that the signals are coming through
feel free to write to me SOON as we take off for BVI
in just over a week and I may be off