Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jabsco toilet seat hinges

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

When ours broke, we almost fainted on the prize for new Jabsco seats. Realized that we could use seats to a normal toilet. No problems with the fitting at all and to a much more reasonable prize.

/Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM232

Skickat från min iPad

27 okt 2014 kl. 04:38 skrev "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Mark,

That is great, but Amazon to NZ, or Amazon to Kas, Turkey will be a challenge...but, I know that you know that.

It was difficult to find the "hole center" measurement, but I did find that it is 5.5" in an answer to one of the questions.

As usual, if the product has "marine" in the description, it is at least 5 times the price of the same product without marine in the description....in this case 12 times!

Thanks again,

Bill
BeBe 387

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Mark Pitt mark_pitt@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Or you can buy a brand new one with  much better hinges for $11.84 at Amazon.  I have also seen these for sail in Malaysia. Full spec:

Bemis 500EC000 Molded Wood Round Toilet Seat With Easy Clean and Change Hinge, White

Mark Pitt
Sabbatical III, ASM #419, Kas, Turkey

On 10/27/2014 9:47 AM, yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:
Here is the link. Let me know if it does not work.