Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] 2001 Amel SM (Norfolk) HIN 1045353

John Folino <jfolino901@...>

how much are they asking for this 2001 SM?
John Sulajon SM#347

From: "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]"
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 2:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] 2001 Amel SM (Norfolk) HIN 1045353

Duane,
I know all previous owners well. Without seeing her for years, I am certain that there is probably very few Super Maramus this age that are in better condition. I believe if you buy your Amel based on all of the previous owners, you will get a boat as good as the owners. If the previous owners of Norfolk were the following, they are some of the the best owners you could hope for:
Potter - Lorado
Steele - Doodlebug
Hayden - Norfolk
I am confused at the HIN, because that does not seem correct for the SM that I know of as Norfolk...check the number you posted. For instance, the HIN for hull number 387, BeBe, is AMLSM387I203. The digit between the 7 and 2 is the letter "I". This letter indicates the month that the hull was laid up.
Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
sent from my tablet
On Nov 9, 2014 4:55 PM, "sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We are seriously looking at the boat above, currently in Ft. Lauderdale.  If anyone has knowledge of the boat (good, bad, indifferent) I would appreciate it.  You could email me directly at carlylelk-at-aol-dot-com if you prefer.

I would also be interested in what you think would need to be done for a boat of this vintage (maintenance items other than electronics and rigging).

What would you have the surveyor check in particular that may not be included in a standard survey?

Are there any recalls from Amel, or items that have a bad history on the boat?

Thanks in advance,
Duane Siegfried, St. Louis, MO.