Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AW: [Amel] Osmosis protection

Herbert Lackner

Hi Joel,

moisture measurement has been done, I got the fotos and uploaded them to

The boat is now out of the water for two weeks, but there is a thick layer of old antifouling on it that may still cause some moisture.  When we bought KALI MERA two years ago a professional measurement has been done after three days out of the water and moisture readings were too high, but when the antifouling has been removed at these spots the readings were within limit.

Measurement have now been made with

“Tramex Skipper Moisture Meter”, I do not know how realiable this is, for me it seems to be not a professional instrument.

As far as I can see the higher readings are all from the keel where the water tank is inside.

Hope that the pictures can be used for an advice, I cannot take better  ones as I am in Vienna now…

thanks, herbert

KALI MERA, SN120, Kusadasi