Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel 55

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Hi all having just sailed a 54 for over 300 miles and a 55 that we've sailed after the Annapolis show the 55 is faster and is able to sail close hauled at 30 deg to app wind. In fact the demo boats performance so impressed my clients they bought one to be delivered in the spring of 2015.
    The 55 will more than holds its own when challenged by others. It's now the benchmark.

Fair Winds Smooth Sailing To All
Capt Richard
RP Yacht Brokerage
Newport RI
We list sell and service fine yachts including Amel's
Cell 603 767 5330

On Nov 13, 2014, at 00:24, dave_benjamin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

That's great news. Pretty impressive beating a Sundeer.

The new 55 is going to surprise a lot of people. It's a much more performance oriented hull and after spending some time looking at polars and coming up with some sailplan ideas, I was quite impressed. When you compare polars to some comparable sized sloops with very tall rigs and deep keels, it's going to leave a lot of boats behind that aren't used to being smoked by an Amel.