Low House Battery

Mark Erdos

We just returned to Cream Puff after she sat for about 8 weeks. We are moving onto the boat full time ~ yey! We replaced all house batteries earlier this year. When we leave the boat (we have never left her this long) we turn off everything. We disconnect shore power and turn off the battery main levers.

The house battery bank was very low. We only had 17.3 volts.

Is there anything that runs if the main levers are in the off position? I assume not (other than the link battery monitor)

I plan to check them with a battery checker thing once they have charged overnight.

I know only enough to understand deep discharges are not good for batteries. How concerned should I be about the condition of the batteries?

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275