From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rbenven44
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 7:01 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Painting deck stripes - pictures

Hi,
Following the advice posted here by Harmonie a couple of years
ago,
we painted the deck stripes on Excalibur last November. Excalibur
is 8
years old, and in need of deck attention (we probably scrub the
decks
too much!!)
I have posted some pictures on this web site for those who want
see what it looks like, (before and after). We are very pleased
with
the results. We used the Embee striper, as recommended, and one-
part
polyurethane paint (50% brown, 50% black). It took 6 days at 3
hours
per day for the decks, and 2 days for the cockpit. After letting
the
paint dry for a few days, we coated all the surfaces with Polytrol,
French product recommended by Mr. Selo at Amel. The decks look
like
new. The picture of the re-painted forward deck areas show before-
and-
after of applying Polytrol.
Any questions on how to do this, please contact me.

Regards, Roy on Excalibur SM#195

Yahoo! Groups Links