Re: Purchasing an Amel

n33077@...

Sam,
I just bought my Amel Sharki last April. Take your time searching. Based on your budget, I tend to agree that the Sharki or Maramu might be best for your budget, but this depends on your sailing and plans.   Also be cognizant of future maintenance, duties, taxes, slip fees, and other costs involved.  Things tend to get expensive quickly when you get bigger. You've already reached out to the most knowledgeable folks so you'll be in good hands.

The group is helpful and has tons of information. I joined about two years before I bought my bought. I read continuously, monitoring common problems and keeping in mind what I should be looking out for as I searched for my boat.

Other than that, if you have specific questions, just ask.

Bon chance....

Aras Grinius
S/V FIASCO
Sharki #163