Re: Amel Santorin

joseph mc donnell

As a member of a small cruising club looking at the possibility of buying an Amel Santorin as a replacement for a Beneteau 361. Some members have raised a number of questions that I hope that members of the Amel owners association can help me with, namely
1. Has anyone replaced a Perkins Prima M50 and if they have with what type of engine
2. Are there any problems with osmosis with santorins
3. The leak from the bow thruster seems to be a common problem has it ever proved catastrophic and has it been rectified .
Having sailed on a Santorin, I found that the versatility and quality of the boat, most suited our club, and with what I have read on this site has just re- inforced
my belief that the Santorin is the way to go for my club.
Thanks
Joe