Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Raymarine spx30 Auto pilot

Stephen Davis

Hello Victor,

We own SM #72, and are located on the east coast of the USA. Our boat had an SPX30 installed a couple of years ago after a lightning strike destroyed the previous autopilot. We sailed our boat from Guatemala to the U.S. In May, used the autopilot for the entire trip, and just did a short overnight trip last week using the pilot as well. This is the extent of how much the autopilot has been used since it was installed, and it is in excellent condition. We are in the middle of refitting the boat for a circumnavigation, and will be adding a 2nd autopilot for the trip. I would consider removing the SPX30, and installing 2 identical Raymarine evolution autopilots.

If you are interested in purchasing my SPX30, let me know how much you are willing to pay, and I'll let you know if I can sell it to you for that price. Included is the computer, control head, and compass unit. The serial number on the unit is 1200390.

Best Regards,
Steve Davis
S/V Aloha SM72
Currently in St Augustine, Florida, USA

On Dec 16, 2014, at 07:19, victor.moleroxx@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello.

I am looking to a Raymarine spx30 auto pilot to install in my AMEL Super Maramu 2000. For what I have been told this unit (the only one compatible with the instalation already on board) is out of catalogue by Raymarine, so I would have to purchase a second hand one.

Can anyone give some info about where I can find one of such auto pilots.

Thanks in advance.

Victor