Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Super Maramu Gearbox Model

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Trevor,

All SM’s have an Amel specific dual 90 degree gearbox.  … or C drive in Amel parlance.  I know of an Swiss owned early SM which went back to shaft drive following the numerous reliability issues with the alu casing in the early days.  Subsequently, Amel retrofitted a steel casing.  Few problems since.

I do not think anyone has found a supplier outside the Amel supply chain yet… they are costly.

Someone of this parish had his gearbox rebuilt recently and will hopefully pipe in with source and cost.

GL and Merry Xmas.

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007.

On 17 Dec 2014, at 12:43, seafeverofcuan@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Could someone kindly confirm the model of the ZF/Hurth gearbox fitted to Super Maramu 2000 Redline please.

I am away from the boat and need to order some transmission fluid filters.

Thank you very much.

Trevor Lusty

Seafever of Cuan - Still for sale

no 425