Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Super Maramu Jib Furling Specs Summary:

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

We use the aluminium since we want the rivets to brake before any other damages. If we remeber right, the first rivets was ordered from Amel and they were aluminium. They are easy to replace if you have the tool onboard. Which we recomend you to have!

Are you continuing south after your mast replacement? We will go slowly north grom Grenada to St Martin. Leaving St Martin for Europe in Mid late April, if you want to meet, which would be nice! Just look for the Amel SM With the swedish flag and a yellow dinghy on aft deck.

Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila SM232

Skickat från min iPad

27 dec 2014 kl. 22:56 skrev "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi, Ann-Sophie,
I don't remember where I read it, but someone on this forum a few years ago (I think) said that the rivets were aluminum, and by design would break before the foil was damaged if something got stuck at the top of the mast.  I am about to remount my jib furler and was going to use aluminum rivets.

Does anyone remember this?  Olivier?  Joel?

Thanks,
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Still on the hard in Fernandina Beach, FL awaiting my new C-drive from Amel...to be shipped after Jan 1.