Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel Shroud Covers

Ian Shepherd

Hello Dave,

I am not so sure that the Amel covers are that tight. I use the large (12mm) ones on all the main mast lowers which provide a fairly loose fit. What size tubing are you using?

Ian SM414 (2003) Crusader Cyprus

On 29/12/2014 19:38, dave_benjamin@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Ian,

Many riggers recommend against the use of tightly fitting covers over standing rigging. I agree with them. What I use on the lower sections to prevent sheets from chafing is some PVC pipe from the hardware store. If you don't wish to remove any fittings, you can slit the PVC with a saw and then use some tie-wraps which can be covered with vinyl tape.