Re: Super Maramu Rigging tension

Dave_Benjamin

Terry,

Correct on zero rake and zero pre-bend.

The bit about much greater tension than other boats is up for debate. I've spoken with some of the best and brightest riggers who have brought up some very sound points to oppose that concept. One of those riggers is a colleague of Brion Toss and has an engineering background.

---In amelyachtowners@..., <singh_terence@...> wrote :

I am sheepishly writing this as I feel that this topic has been addressed numerous times with many responses.

Old age may be creeping in on my side as I am still unable to sift through all the information and find a definative method for adjusting the tension to a correct set point on our standing rigging.

I hear the following from previous comments

-  masts must be vertical in relation to the deck.

- Rigging must be tight, tighter than conventionaly built boats

- No bend in the masts at all

Can anyone help me simply understand what tight rigging means? How do I simply know when to stop turning the turn buckles.

Any help here would help put my wifes mind to rest as Dena continually asks this question of me.

Many thanks

Terry&Denna

SV Libby

SM#196 San Diego