From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:12 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Water flow problem - Onan Generator

Hello Bill et al,

I just spent the day at Onan UK learning about the MDKAL.  Another Amel owner was there… he had done the organising for this course.

If one wishes to do the cleaning himself, the instructor said that well diluted “brick cleaner” would do the trick in 10 minutes.

Remove the heat exchanger and immerse the unit in the above solution.  Rinse well then reinstall the component.

Basta.

Jean-Pierre Germain

SY Eleuthera, SM007

On 15 Jan 2015, at 13:37, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

JP,

I brought the heat exchanger to an automotive radiator shop. They cleaned it for me.

Bill

BeBe 387

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:57 PM, galacsea2000 <no_reply@...> wrote:

Bill,
What kind of acid do you use to clean the onan heat exchanger ? What concentration? Thanks
JP  Amel54

Posted by: "Bill & Judy Rouse" <yahoogroups@...>

Reply to sender

Reply to group