A Super Maramu Keel Bolts

Graham Boyd

 I have just had to have Sula SM140 built1995, surveyed for insurance. Being in Hong Kong finding an Amel expert was never going to happen. The well intentioned surveyor has said

"it is advised to carry out inspection/replacement of keel bolts in accordance with builders advice"

Given the Amel construction this would be a night mare procedure. The keel was also commented on as "being in excellent condition".....as we'd all expect!

What is the advice on keel bolts on 19/20 year old SMs?

Has any one any similar experiences of this and/or the appropriate info to get some common sense into this debate?

Graham

SM140 Sula

Hong Kong