Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Wintering Berth in Malta, Crete or Cyprus

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Gerhard,

When you rent the car in South Cyprus, make sure that the car is also allowed in North. Cyprus (Turkish Republic of North Cyprus). It may cost a little more. Also, when you cross the border to the TRNC, you probably will need to buy 3rd party liability insurance...this is available at the border. This is more of an inconvenience than a problem or expense. Email Deniz for up-to-date information.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
sent from my tablet

On Jan 24, 2015 1:40 AM, "pepinoamel" <no_reply@...> wrote:

Dear Ann-Sofie, Peter, Bill & Ian,

Thanks for your replies.

Ann-Sofie & Peter - we have friends in Agios Nikolaos and everybody reports good things except the surge that seems to be pretty bad in northerlies.  The question is is it just uncomfortable or is it unsafe?  We'll try to have a look during our Summer cruise.

Bill - We'll have a look at Kapaz Gate Marina on our trip to Cyprus next week.

Ian - We'll be in Cyprus from 30 Jan. to 4 Feb.  Unfortunately we'll just miss you. We'll have a look at the marina and hope we'll get some info when we're there.

Anyone with info regarding marinas in Malta?

Thanks again,

Gerhard

Pepino, SM381

Chalkis, Evia