Paul and Susan,
My Maramu is 17m in hight and 1.8 m in depth. this seems OK for all bridges in the waterway. A Supermaramu would probably not fit the requirements,
Charles

On 24 Jan, 2015, at 6:18 PM, Paul LaFrance pflafrance@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Charles
We looked at the inter coastal waterway and determined that we were too deep and our mast too high to make a transit. We went outside.
Paul & Susan LaFrance
SV NOMAD #362
Currently in ST Martin

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:51:49 +0100
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: East Coast

Alexander and all,
Thanks for the post re: marinas on the East Coast and for your reply to Ron and Ineke. I intend to sail from the Bahamas to the East Coast by late March on my Maramu #253 and enter the intracoastal waterway with a view to sailing as far up North as time permits (probably crossing the Atlantic by mid- or end of May). I would like to avoid southern Florida, Miami and the Fort Lauderdale area (crowded, expensive to all accounts) and rather hit the coast someway further North like Cape Canaveral or St Augustine even. Any advice?
Charles Macdonald
Sailboat Inuit