Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: East Coast

Peter Killen

Charles
Took Pure Magic from St Maarten to Norfolk Virginia in April last year. The original plan had been to get to New York via Bermuda but the weather out there was consistently bad at the time. We had a great trip up the east coast and finally have over wintered the boat in Halifax. We encountered nothing but kindness and friendliness en route.
Have a good trip

Peter killen
SM 433

On 24 Jan 2015, at 17:51, "Charles MacDonald c.macdonald@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Alexander and all,

Thanks for the post re: marinas on the East Coast and for your reply to Ron and Ineke. I intend to sail from the Bahamas to the East Coast by late March on my Maramu #253 and enter the intracoastal waterway with a view to sailing as far up North as time permits (probably crossing the Atlantic by mid- or end of May). I would like to avoid southern Florida, Miami and the Fort Lauderdale area (crowded, expensive to all accounts) and rather hit the coast someway further North like Cape Canaveral or St Augustine even. Any advice?
Charles Macdonald
Sailboat Inuit