Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Rigging on an Amel Santorin

Robin Cooter <robincooter@...>

Frankly I would talk to your insurance company - some will not cover rigging failure after 10 years unless it has been tested, others don't mind. For peace of mind we replaced ours after 14 years and it really looked in excellent condition. However you can have good looking stainless steel rigging which parts with no warning.

If you are in U.K. or Europe I suggest that you talk to StaLok as they gave us a really good price which was less than all other estimates, and very good service.

One word of warning. We approached AMEL for a rigging plan - lengths, thickness etc. but their figures did not match up to the real lengths of our rigging!

Our boat number is Santorin 004, a sloop.

Regards

Robin Cooter

joemac4sail <joemac4sail@...> wrote:
Can anyone tell me the recomended life span of the standing rigging
on a santorin. Thanks

Sailing Sailing yacht Amel Boating sailing