Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Wind Generator

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Alan,

I considered a shaft generator as well as Solar.  I concluded that the constant rotation of the dual 90 degree drive gearbox was too much wear and tear on this very expensive component.

I went to Emek Marine and they are installing an identical system to Bill Rouse’s Bébé on Eleuthera.

Having seen it in person, it looks lovely and sturdy… plus though the boat is on the hard under trees, it still keeps the batteries fully charged.  I expect good results at sea.

:-)

Jean-Pierre Germain,
Eleuthera, SM 007

On 26 Jan 2015, at 00:09, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We don't have a prop generator, I think this was stopped this with SM2000 ??

Alan
SV Elyse SM437