From: Mark Erdos [mailto:mcerdos@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:26 AM
To: 'amelyachtowners@...'
Subject: inverters/chargers

This is why I like this forum so much. I was about to replace an inverter/charger installed by the previous and original owner of Cream Puff. The pass through AC power has become intermittent and the Heart Interface unit is no longer manufactured (so the identical replacement is not an option). Olivier’s comment below has made me stop and rethink this!

The unit I was about to purchase is http://magnumenergy.com/ms-pe-series-invertercharger/ Model MS4124PE

I am assuming the unit needs to be “isolated” somehow. I also assume the unit ground must only be grounding the metal cover and not connected in any way to the 24vdc Neg. to ensure the Amel ground system remains unconnected.

What questions should I ask of the manufacturer to ensure I will not compromise the integrity of the ships grounds system?

Has anyone installed a unit like this and can you offer some forethoughts?

Many thanks!

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000