Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:03 AM
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Engine Door Hatch

Hi Giovanni,

I posted them thanks to nomad under the Kimberlite photos.
It would be nice if Paul would describe what was done as the photos confuse me .

I do not know if they built up the fiberglass under the plate. I wonder if the plate is stainless. I also notice that the edge molding was removed. I wonder if it would have been possible to make a precision cut into it to insert the

Plate.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite SM 376

From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 13:48:33 -0500

Paul,Could you send me a photo?Kimberlite@... you be in SXM
march 18 and on?Fair WindsEricKimberlite SM 376 From:
amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:06 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Engine Door Hatch We recently repaired our
engine hatch cover. It was exhibiting a bump at one of the hydraulic piston
lifting points on the engine cover. We have noticed this on other Amels SM
we have been on at both sides of the cover. Fortunately ours was just
starting to show. We had replaced the pistons 3 years ago and just noticed
this new development.
We have since had this repaired in St Martin By Custom Boat Works. They
installed SS piece to spread the load out more from the struts. The cost was
$750 USD. The bump is slowly receding to the flat level. Wewill post pics
when we have figured out how to do it to this site.

Paul & Susan LaFrance
SV NOMAD # 362

Yahoo Groups Links