Re: 30W/40 oil for Dessalator high pressure pump

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi all:

After searching the CAT pump manufacturer's site (  CATPUMPS.com  ),  and looking at the data sheet for the CAT 277 pump, (which is the one used on the Dessalator 160 l/hr water maker)  I found that they specify using their proprietary oil, ( CAT PN 6100 oil ).  I looked for specs on this oil but can't find any.  I did purchase some from Webb Wholesale Supply here in the USA for $9.95 per 21 oz bottle.  I am not sure if this easily available in other parts of the world, but perhaps an inquiry to CAT Pumps would yield an alternative/substitute oil.

All the best,

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM # 335